HOW ARE NUTRIENTS ASSOCIATED WITH HEALTH?
Nutrients are like fuel to the human body. Nutritious foods provide your body with nutrients to support brain function, muscles, bone health, and nervous system and strengthen your immune system.
In simple words, nutrients are essential to keep you healthy and protect your body against several illnesses.
This article is related to nutrients and their importance for your health. Let us begin.
What are Nutrients?
Nutrients are substances or compounds that provide nourishment and are essential for the growth, development, maintenance, and proper functioning of the human body. These substances are obtained through the diet and are necessary for various biological processes, including energy production, tissue repair, and the regulation of bodily functions. Your body needs nutrients to function, grow, and maintain good health.
How are Nutrients Classified?
Nutrients can be easily classified into 6 main categories as discussed below-
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are the body’s primary source of energy boosters, found in foods like grains, fruits, vegetables, and legumes. The body converts carbohydrates into glucose, which cells use for energy.
- Proteins: Proteins are the building blocks of the body. They repair tissues, produce enzymes and hormones, and support the immune system. Meat, poultry, fish, dairy products, beans, and nuts are rich in proteins.
- Fats: Dietary fats provide a concentrated energy resource crucial for absorbing fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K. Healthy fats are found in sources like avocados, nuts, seeds, and fatty fish. However, saturated and trans fats are only taken in moderation healthcare providers suggest.
- Vitamins: Vitamins are organic compounds that play several roles in metabolic processes, such as facilitating chemical reactions and supporting immune function. There are 13 essential vitamins, including vitamins A, C, D, E, and K, and the B-complex vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, and B12. Each of these vitamins is essential to maintain good health.
- Minerals: Minerals are inorganic nutrients required for various bodily functions, including bone health, nerve function, and oxygen transport. The essential minerals are calcium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium, and iodine.
- Water: Water is one of the most significant nutrients vital for sustaining life. It plays a role in nearly every bodily process, including digestion, temperature regulation, and waste removal. Drinking plenty of water is associated with many health benefits as it is the easiest thing to do.
How are Nutrients associated with your Health?
- Nutrients are essential for the proper functioning of the body, and their presence in the diet in appropriate amounts is critical for maintaining good health.
- A well-balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrient-rich foods is essential for preventing nutritional deficiencies and promoting overall well-being.
- Balanced nutrition involves obtaining the right amount of each nutrient to meet your body’s needs. The excess of many nutrients can also lead to health problems.
- A varied and well-balanced diet ensures you get all the necessary nutrients in a limited quantity for optimal health and well-being.
- Meeting your daily nutrient requirements can support your body’s growth, repair, and maintenance and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- It would be wise to include health supplements in your daily routine to gain maximum health benefits. Try our wide range of GULA herbal products today.