TOP HEALTH-RELATED ISSUES CONCERNED WITH WOMEN
Modern women are full of enthusiasm and confidence to achieve heights beyond the skies. We as a society have come a long way in granting women their rights, especially their right to health. Still, women of every stature face several health problems.
We must address those problems and find a way to better health conditions for women across the globe. So today, we shall pinpoint the top health-related issues with women and some easy tips to cope with those challenges.
- The Incurable Cancer- Cancer can profoundly impact women’s health and well-being, affecting them physically, emotionally, and socially. The specific effects of cancer vary depending on the type of cancer, its stage, treatment options, and individual factors. The two most common types of cancers in women are Breast and Cervical cancer. Cancer involves the abnormal growth of cells that can form tumours. These tumours can interfere with the normal function of organs and tissues, leading to pain, discomfort, and physical limitations. It can spread to other body parts, a process known as metastasis. It can lead to the involvement of multiple organs and systems, causing various health issues. Most of the deaths in women are caused due to cancer.
- HIV Infections- HIV or Human Immunodeficiency Virus infection can have unique and specific effects on women’s health due to biological, social, and cultural factors. Women are more susceptible to HIV infection through heterosexual intercourse due to a larger mucosal surface area and potential exposure to infected semen. HIV attacks the immune system, specifically CD4+ T cells. Over time, this can weaken the immune response, making the body more susceptible to infections and certain cancers. Women may face barriers to HIV testing, treatment, and care due to societal norms, gender inequality, and lack of education. It can result in delayed diagnosis and treatment initiation.
- Reproductive Health- Reproductive health issues in women encompass a wide range of concerns related to the female reproductive system, sexual health, and the ability to have safe and satisfying reproductive experiences. Irregular periods are caused by various factors, including hormonal imbalances, stress, diet, and medical conditions. Some women may also experience difficulties getting pregnant due to hormonal imbalances, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, and other reproductive health conditions. Access to effective contraception is essential for preventing unintended pregnancies and enabling women to plan their families according to their preferences.
- Maternal Health- Maternal health issues refer to health concerns and challenges women experience during pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum phase. Inadequate access to skilled care during child birth can lead to obstetric fistula, a devastating condition causing incontinence and social isolation. Excessive bleeding after child birth can be life-threatening if not promptly addressed. Many women experience postpartum depression, which can hurt maternal and infant well-being. Socioeconomic factors, geographic location, and cultural barriers can affect access to quality maternal healthcare. Poor maternal nutrition can lead to complications during pregnancy and after birth, affecting the mother’s and child’s health.
- Ageing- Ageing is a natural and inevitable process that affects all individuals, regardless of gender. Menopause is a significant milestone for women, marking the end of reproductive years. Women of age have a higher risk of osteoporosis, where bones become weaker and more susceptible to fractures. Cardiovascular disease becomes more common in women as they age. Skin becomes thinner and drier with age, leading to increased vulnerability to wrinkles, age spots, and other signs of ageing. The metabolic rate tends to decrease with age, making it easier for women to gain weight and harder to lose.
The health-related issues in women can vary based on individual factors such as age, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and geographic location. Regular medical check-ups, screenings, healthy lifestyle choices, and access to quality healthcare are essential in maintaining women’s health and well-being. A positive outlook towards life and gracefully accepting bodily changes are beneficial in ensuring your health.
If you are a young woman reading this, now is the right time to work towards ensuring a healthy life ahead. Remain physically active, have high self-esteem, be independent, eat nutritional food, take health supplements, and stay happy.
You can take GULA health supplements to take a step forward toward better health. Explore our products today!