A healthy-looking and glowing skin are considered a sign of good health and vitality. Dull and dry skin can make your face look lifeless. The good part is that by following a healthy lifestyle and skincare routine you can be your best.
To get the glowing skin you must follow a beauty and skincare regime at your home. What’s more? You have all the things you need to implement a skincare routine at home. Let us help you with some easy yet useful tips to give your skin a healthy gift.
- Use Extra Virgin Coconut Oil: Extra virgin coconut oil is a pure form of coconut oil having antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties. Studies have also shown that coconut oil is a good moisturizer. But coconut oil is not suitable for all skin types. You should not apply it if you are allergic to coconut. You can use it in several ways. For example, it can be applied to soothe irritated skin, take off makeup, and bring a glow to your face. You should massage a small amount of coconut oil on your face and wash it with warm water after some time.
- Use Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe Vera is found to have healing properties and leads to new cell growth. It also has a soothing effect and moisturizes skin with clogging pores. You can apply aloe vera gel every day after washing your face to get glowing skin. People are often allergic to aloe vera, so it is best to try a small amount on your hand. If there is no reaction for 24 hours, you can safely use it on your face.
- Use a Moisturizer after Facewash: Using a moisturizer after a facewash should not be ignored. You must always use a moisturizer that locks moisture, heals skin, and contains antioxidants to promote youthful and healthy skin. You should not exfoliate your skin when it is dry and should not skip using a moisturizer when it is oily. It is best to apply a moisturizer immediately after taking a bath or washing your face as it is still wet. This helps to lock in extra moisture rather than just making your face look smooth on the surface.
- Applying Sunscreen Daily: Applying sunscreen all over the exposed part of your skin is crucial to keeping your skin protected. You should use sunscreen with SPF 15 or above to prevent skin cancer. You should keep the skin protected from harmful UV rays that also protect you against photoaging. So you should make sure to apply sunscreen daily even when the sun doesn’t show up in the sky.
- Avoid Skin Exposure to Smoke or Dirt: When your skin is exposed to any kind of smoke, it is causing your face to be coated with harmful chemicals. Similarly, exposure of your skin to dust particles can damage it badly. This can lead to premature aging of the skin. Even if you smoke regularly, you should think of quitting it to keep your skin healthy.
- Follow Skincare Routine: Washing your face too often can take away the natural moisture in your skin. You must choose to wash your face in the morning, after a workout, and before bedtime to follow a proper skincare routine.
- Keep your Skin Hydrated: Keeping your skin hydrated throughout the day is needed as it is made of cells that need water to function correctly. There are many ongoing studies to bring out the connection between drinking water and healthy-looking studies. But a 2015 study suggested drinking more water is strongly linked to having healthy skin. It is, therefore, recommended by skin experts to drink 8 glasses of water every day to get glowing skin.
- Eating Nutritious Food: Following a healthy diet is the key to maintaining healthy skin. Eating fruits and vegetables provides your body with essential vitamins and antioxidants. Also, consuming healthy fats such as fish oil positively affects the skin.
- Skin Supplements: Many skin supplements contain vital nutrients. Taking these supplements not just contributes to healthy hair but also gives visibly glowing skin.
- Reduce Shower Time: Running hot water over your skin for more than a few minutes can wash off excess oil from your skin, leaving it dull and dry. So, reduce your shower time and use normal cold water on your face.
Prioritizing your skin is a form of self-care that really matters. Several reasons can lead to dull and unhealthy skin, such as stress, hormonal imbalance, nutritional deficiencies, and certain medical conditions.
Although you must consult a dermatologist if your skin feels damaged, it is best to take care of the skin at home.
Explore our best range of GULA cosmetic products today.